Public Disclosure Statement
Lateral Partners Limited ((FSP7882920), trading as Lateral Partners) holds a Financial Advice Provider licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the advice:
Lateral Partners provides financial advice for the following types of products:
- Business Loans
- Development Finance
- Property Investment Lending
- Home Loans
Click here for a link to the lenders, who’s products we advise on.
Fees or expenses:
Lateral Partners may charge clients a fee for the provision of written reports and recommendations relating to the provision of financial advice.
There may be other costs incurred in the process of providing our advice and services to you, which you will be liable for. However, these will be discussed and agreed upon prior to you incurring them.
Conflicts of interest and incentives:
Lateral Partners may be paid in the form of commissions from the lenders through which we place business. The amount of the commission we receive depends on several factors. We will provide specific details of any relevant commissions once we have talked to you and understand your needs.
From time to time, Lateral Partners may receive certain non-monetary benefits from product providers. This could include gratuities such as a bottle of wine at Christmas time, a free calendar, pen or book, the occasional luncheon, drinks after a briefing session, invitations to sporting events, subsidised professional development, discounted training courses or office supplies, etc.
To ensure our advisers prioritise your interests:
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on your goals and circumstances.
- All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
- We maintain registers of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review by a reputable compliance provider.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution:
If you are not satisfied with our service, you can make a complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 0272535120.
You can also write to us at:
Lateral Partners Limited
Textile Lofts, Level 4, 1 Kenwyn St, Parnell
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use the internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme – Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any disagreements.
You can contact the FDRS at:
Address: PO Box 5967 Wellington 6143
Telephone number: 0800 347 257
Email address: email@example.com
Lateral Partners and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests;
- exercise care, diligence, and skill;
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.
You can contact us on:
Phone: 027 253 5120
Physical address: Level 4, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland Central, 1052